It’s going to be a long one because so much has gone on lately!
First of all I would like to introduce the newest member of the family:
Her name is Mercedes. She is another rescue, who was in a foster home. They believe she is a Shepherd/Rottweiler mix. She looks like neither to me but there were 7 puppies and she was the only different one. The others either obviously looked Shepherd or obviously looked Rottweiler. She also has the Rottweiler walk. She is super cute and just loves us. We picked her because when we walked in she ran straight to us!
Bentley loves her too!
I marked off what I have accomplished on my 30 by 30 page so I will just go down the list with updates.
1. Graduate nursing school. Boom, done! Such an emotional day. The ceremony was amazingly beautiful. I couldn’t have asked for anything better!
6. Get rid of stuff we don’t need. I am actually still in the process but I took out 4 trash bags of stuff we didn’t need yesterday!
7. Get extensions. I wanted these for graduations and didn’t get them until after Christmas but I still like them. My cousin (who is also my hair lady) talked me into clip ins. She said she would do sew ins if that’s what I wanted but the clip ins last longer and don’t damage your hair. So that’s what I got. I really like them. They take just a couple minutes to put in and I straighten, curl, and wash them just like my real hair.
12. Score something awesome this Black Friday. I got my hubby an Android Tablet and a fish radar that goes on his fishing pole for Christmas! Pretty good scores in my opinion!
21. Buy two new sets of sheets. I went to TJ Maxx (we just got one in my town and it’s pretty darn awesome) and got a set of Ralph Lauren and a set of some that were a little cheaper but we love them way more. I really wish I could remember what brand they are so I could get another set.
30. Read books for leisure. Since this post, I have read 5 books for fun! I am a little over half way through my 6 🙂
My most recent was a short book on how to save money on groceries. I can go to the grocery store and spent $100 a week and we still eat out half the week. It is ridiculous. So I am in money saving mode. I just took inventory of all food in my kitchen and I am going to do a month meal plan. After I get a good portion of it used, I will start doing weekly meal plans using the weekly sales ads.
This was also a short book filled with tips on how to save money. Most of it was common sense stuff that you should already know. There were a few good tips that I have not thought about. Like, an LED TV is more energy efficient than an LCD TV.
I didn’t really get a whole lot out of this book. I think some people might but having already gone through nursing school, there wasn’t a whole lot that I didn’t know.
I am not sure what my preoccupation is with young adult books. Maybe I am a little immature. Its a little sic-fi. A lot like The Hunger Games. I really liked this though. So much, that I am on the third in the series.
I am counting Free Four as the second book in the series. It is actually just one scene from the first book just told from another characters point of view. It’s very short and $0.99 on Amazon so worth the read but not amazing.
This is the third book and I am actually finding it hard to stay into this. It seems to be moving a little slow and I think I need a bread from this type of book. The first one was really good and my mom read all of these and said that this one is really good also. So I think it’s just me. I also started this before Christmas and taking my NCLEX so I think that I just have had too many other things on my mind to really enjoy it.
Speaking of the NCLEX, I took it on Wednesday, and found out I PASSED today!! Such a huge huge weight lifted off my shoulders! Now it’s time to flood the nursing homes with applications! Wish me luck!