Since I got my running injury, I have been running on and off. It would start feeling better and I would run again and then it would start to hurt again so I would stop. Seriously annoying. So I decided to stop completely until we figure out what is going on with my leg. I had a nuclear bone scan scheduled tomorrow but had to move it to Monday. I am really hoping that it shows something.
Until then, I will just have to continue to get my (sorta) running fix by stalking runnersworld.com and runningtimes.com. I recently read Mark Remy’s article A Few Rules To Run By, and really liked it. In the article he talks about things like angry motorists, blackened toenails, passing gas, and the “farmers blow”. I especially like his running rules of thumb:
1. If you see a porta potty with no line, use it. Even if you don’t need to.
2. If you have to ask yourself, Does this driver see me? The answer is no.
3. If you have to ask yourself, Are these shorts too short? The answer is yes.
4. 1 glazed doughnut = 2 miles
5. You rarely regret the runs you do; you almost always regret the runs you skip.
6. Not everyone who looks fast really is, and not everyone who looks slow really is.
7. Nobody has ever watched Chariots of Fire from beginning to end. Not even the people who made it.
8. You can never have too many safety pins on your gym bag.
9. Running any given route in the rain makes you feel 50 percent more hard-core than covering the same route on a sunny day.
10. If you care even a little about being called a jogger versus a runner, you’re a runner.
So go check out the article 🙂